Personal, Social, Health, Economic and Citizenship Education (PSHEC) is an important and necessary part of education which helps our students to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes that they will need in order to manage their lives, now and in the future. These skills and attributes prepare our students for work and life and help them to stay healthy.
During lockdown, working remotely, Year 10 are completing a money course online via Nebula Learning and Year 9 are learning about money through resources provide by Natwest MoneySense. The girls have had the opportunity to talk about the unusual times that we are all experiencing plus learning the following.
Year 7 and 8
Years 7 and 8 have been researching careers in which they are interested. Their research included:
- what it is like to work in that career
- skills and attributes required
- experience and qualifications needed to access the career
- the different sectors that you can work for within that career path
They will then continue learning the facts, skills and attributes of other relevant topics such as healthy eating and mental wellbeing.
Year 9 and 10
Years 9 and 10 have been focusing on money:
- learning about the different financial terms
- how to look after their money now and for the future
- understanding the importance of money, in regards to our country and the world – the economy
Once completed – Year 9 will start the process for work experience and year 10 will start the process for POST 16 courses