We are excited about the number of trips and activities we have to look forward to and those that are currently taking place in school. We thought it worthwhile to let you know what is going on at Park School for Girls.
- Mr Bluck has organised a trip to see ‘Wicked, The Musical’ at the Apollo Victoria Theatre on 31st January.
- Mrs Muir and Mrs Bluck have resumed Recorder Club for Prep School students.
- Mrs Jack organised for Metro Bank to come into the Prep School for two sessions and our students will visit the Bank for the third session. They have had the first two sessions, which have been very informative and the girls are learning a lot about money. The representatives from Metro Bank make learning about money fun and the girls are looking forward to their visit to the Bank.
- Mrs Clayden, Head of Preparatory School, had entered The Preparatory School and Year 7 for the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) External Speech Examinations. Our students have always done very well in these examinations and we feel sure that this year will be no different.
- Mr Evans is running a successful Debating Club after school for Year 10 and 11 students.
- Mrs Burridge is take Year 10 students to ‘GCSE Science Live’ at the Apollo Theatre, Victoria.
- Years 3 and 4 are undertaking ‘Pedestrian Skills Training’.
- Mrs Bellew is taking Year 10 and 11 GCSE Art students to Tate Britain, the trip will include school tours and guided tours, which relate to the GCSE curriculum.
- Mrs Harker is taking Year 9 and Year 10 students on a residential trip to the Battlefields of the First World War. They will visit the Menin Gate in Ypres and both battlefields of Belgium and the Somme region.
- Mrs Lesser has organised for Years 8 & 9 to go on a residential trip to Stubbers Activity Centre. We have run this trip previously and found that it is beneficial for team building, taking on challenges, developing good communication skills and using initiative.